The Kindness Mission
Our mission begins in the city where we are headquartered: Boise, Idaho. In the summer of 2018 a series of events occurred that inspired us to promote an idea: Keep Boise kind. This evolved into bumper stickers and other merchandise to broadcast our inspiration. We know Boise has always been a friendly and kind city but the spike in population has brought in new faces, new energies and new challenges. We are seeing this happen all over the United States. Growth is inevitable, especially in cities like Boise that have so much to offer — from the foothills to the river to the vibrancy of our downtown and neighborhoods. Everyone wants to be part of it.
We must understand the spirit that attracted you to a city as vibrant as Boise is more than the attitude of those who have lived here, but an expectation of all who visit or move here. We believe our mission to Keep Boise kind is an opportunity to educate. When we know better, we do better. In order to promote the understanding of the value of kindness, we are working with businesses, state and local governments, organizations and individuals in order to spread the word. This goes beyond Boise. In what seems to be a time where we are seeing a war on civility and decency; where division and anger are used as weapons against one another, we believe kindness is the strongest weapon.
Kindness works and kindness matters.
Our goal is to promote kindness through all avenues including commercial, political, personal, social and economic. We intend to do this with the understanding that the mission is dynamic and the methods will evolve. We choose to partner with like-minded individuals and organizations in order to best advance our objectives.
• Commercial will include merchandise which will provide a platform for philanthropic giving
• Political will include joint ventures with local governments, initiatives, and coalition building
• Personal will include building relationships with like minded people and organizations through events, community organizing, and volunteering
• Economical will include but not be limited to contributing partial proceeds to causes and initiatives
• Social will include, but not be limited to social media promotion, publicity, media and social engagement